Dark Link is a Midi/USB-to-CV/Gate interface to control vintage monophonic synthesizers via Midi or USB. Dark Link is nothing but the USB/Midi interface of the Dark Energy. It has available 4 analog control voltage outputs (CV1…4) and one Gate output.
In/Outputs and controls:
- Midi Input
- Learn button
- Gate Out (with LED for Gate display and learn function)
- CV1: controlled by Midi note messages, 1V/Octave, 0…+5V
- CV2: controlled by Midi pitch bend, ~ -2.5…+2.5V or ~ 0…+5V (can be selected by an internal jumper)
- CV3: controlled by Midi velocity, 0…+5V
- CV4: controlled by Midi control change messages, free assignale controller in learn mode
- Glide control (portamento function for CV1)
- power supply (12V AC/min. 400mA) *Note* AU Power supply is available as an extra in the drop down menu.
- CV1…CV4 and Gate are 3.5 mm miniature jack sockets
- Midi channel, reference note and Midi control change number for CV4 are adjusted by means of a learn button and LED
- Dark Link is nothing but the interface of Dark Energy
- Metal case, made of 1 mm steel, black coated with white printing
- Dimensions: about 145 length x 35 height x 60 depth (all measures are in mm)
- Weight: about ?? kg
- These parts are included (worldwide): one USB cable (type A-B), user’s guide
- Please order suitable patch cables in addition if required (Midi, A-100 patch cable in the required length, adapter cable 3.5 mm – 6.3 mm /1/4″ jack plug)
- Powering the device via USB is not possible, because the analog circuits require a dual voltage (+/-12V). An Australian power supply is available to suit.
- If you want to connect the Dark Link gate output to devices that use S-Trig a special S-Trig cable is available (only necessary for units manufactured before 2012..). For details please refer to our FAQ page.
A modular version of the Dark Link is also available: A-190-3
User’s manual: Dark_Link_Manual.pdf
Additional note (not mentioned in the first version of the user’s manual):
Jumper on JP12A = pitch bend voltage -2,5…+2,5V
Jumper on JP12B = pitch bend voltage 0 … 5V