MKE is an Universal Midi Keyboard Electronics to built custom-made Midi controllers that include a keyboard. Combining the MKE with our controller electronics Pocket Electronic, Dial Electronic, CTM64 or MTC64 allows the construction of an unique Midi controller that exactly meets the requirements of the user.
These units can be connected to MKE:
- Standard keyboard manufactured by FATAR/Italy with 2, 3, 4 or 5 octaves (keyboard types TP6, TP60…64, TP/7, TP/8 or TP/9, diode matrix type “DF”, with velocity)
- Pitch bend wheel (special spring-loaded rotary potentiometer)
- Modulation wheel (special rotary potentiometer)
- Remark: Because of technical reasons only the single modulation wheels of our accessories list can be used in combination with MKE but not the modulation wheel set !
- Rotary or fader potentiometer for loudness/volume control (Midi CC#7)
- After touch sensor or socket for sustain switch or another potentiometer for any Midi controller
The 6 buttons are used to control these parameters:
- Midi channel 1…16
- Transpose (lowest note in octave intervals, 0-12-24-36-48-60)
- Program change 0…127
- Controller number 0…127 resp. After touch
- Up (increment of the value shown in the display)
- Down (decrement of the value shown in the display)
In addition one can select between dynamic and non-dynamic operation. In the non-dynamic mode the (fixed) velocity value can be adjusted.
MKE has a non-volatile memory for the parameters Midi channel, transpose, program number, controller number and dynamic/non-dynamic mode.
MKE is equipped with Midi In and Midi Out. The data appearing at the Midi in are merged to the data generated by the MKE. Consequently several MKE can be daisy-chained or combined with other OEM controllers (e.g. Pocket Electronic, Dial Electronic, CTM64 , MTC64) to build a custom-made Midi controller.
MKE is available only as an assembled and tested pc board. The pc board measures are about 71 mm (length) x 85 (width) x 45 mm (height).
Four mounting holes with 3 mm diameter are available for mounting the pc board to a suitable base or front panel e.g. with distance sleeves or spacers and screws.
Please specify the type of keyboard that has to be connected to MKE (2/3 or 4/5 octaves). This is necessary as the keyboards have different types of connectors.
An external power supply (7-15VDC@min. 100 mA) is used. Within Europa the wall outlet power supply adapter for 230V mains voltage and European type mains plug is included with the MKE. In other countries the power supply has to be purchased by the user.
MKE is a so-called OEM or DIY product. Electronic basic knowledge is required to install the board. If you have no or only little experience with electronics we recommend not to install the MKE.
Details about the connection of other keyboards to MKE can be found here: Connecting keyboards to MKE.